Monday, April 6, 2009

"The Waters Continued to Recede....."

Yesterday I wrote on Facebook, "I need and ark.....and quick." This morning my friend Jeannie without knowing of these words wrote this in an e-mail :

"I just wanted to send you this inspirational Scripture verse: 'On the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. The waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains became visible.' (Genesis 8:4-5).........Just a little black humor."

It made me laugh, which I didn't think was possible. Things got pretty bleak last night as the reality of the flood sunk in and I realized what is ahead of us. In tears I phoned Connie, a prayer warrior from our church and asked her to pray with me. She listened compassionately and prayed very lovingly and I was able to settle down and get to sleep.....until 3 a.m. Then Rick got up with me, gave me a Gravol and read to me till I fell back to sleep again for another few hours.

The waters have receded and there are fans and dehumidifiers percolating away downstairs but there are mountains of wet things to go through and dispose of .....all of which I have no energy for....And the upstairs smells of the dampness in the bowels of the house......and men are coming to cart wet stuff away and cut out the carpet.......I have to stop thinking about the bad stuff.

I need to remind myself that His eye is on me, He is grieving with me and for me and will carry me through this......one day at a time.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Are there any papers wet? I read somewhere this week that you can stick wet papers in the freezer. They will be preserved as is until you have time to deal with them without the ink running any more or them getting moldy or stinky... Then take them out a few at a time to thaw, peel apart and dry out.

You poor thing! You poor, poor thing! But you're still on the high road. Good for you! That's MY sister! :)

Brenda said...

Hi sis,

Thanks for the advice but I like the excuse to chuck it all.