Today was another very bad day. I went to the doctor in the morning. I could hardly verbalize during the appointment and kept tearing up. He increased my medication and added a couple of supplements and sent me for blood work. I sat in the waiting room of the lab for an hour......with my eyes closed because there were so many people in there. When I got home I looked around the basement which looks like a war zone and wondered how I would ever get the energy to go through all the stuff and dispose of it. I was exhausted so I laid down on the living room sofa for a nap. Sleep did not come ......but rather lots of ruminating on dark, discouraging thoughts. When I opened my eyes I was drawn to a picture of Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane which hangs on our dining room wall. It has become a part of the landscape of the room and I hardly notice it anymore. Today it was a message from God loud and clear......... He wanted me to know He is agonizing with me in the garden on the eve of his crucifixion. I quickly found my Bible and read the account in Mark . These words expressed exactly how I was feeling today.
'My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death.' (Mark 14:34)
I found solace in these words because Jesus knows exactly how I am feeling and can sympathize with me. He understands my weakness and is entering into my suffering......and I into His as I think about what took place tonight over two thousand years ago.
Today is also a day of celebration.....our granddaughter Lia turned 3 today. It was wonderful to come home to a message from her on the phone thanking us for her gift which arrived in the mail today. I think of her fondly and thank God for the joy she has brought into our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dear Brenda, your post made me think of this song by Caedmon's Call (something else to youtube):
BE MERCIFUL TO ME
Out from the deep I call
To Thee, O Lord, To Thee
Before Thy throne I fall
Be merciful to me.
Be merciful to me
Be merciful to me
Through shadow dark and valley deep
Be merciful to me
From the garden to the cross
Thy mercy did endure
My soul purged of all dross
In blood made pure
Thy mercy, Lord, is true
As ever truth can be
Yet still I cry for You
Be merciful to me
Thanks, Jeannie. I have it on my i-pod so I'll look for it and listen. Beautiful words.
Post a Comment