Yesterday started out well but by late afternoon the black cloud descended.......probably because I started the huge task of gathering receipts and papers for income tax. My filing system consists of throwing everything that comes in the mail into a laundry basket ( except bills ) and then having to sort through stacks of stuff to find what I need. I bet that's a shock to some of you who think I have it all together. By evening it was collected and when I added up the figures reality hit. I spent too much money in my hypomanic phase.....and we lost a huge chunk of our RRSP's when the markets crashed. I realized that we have to drastically change our lifestyle in order to navigate through these tough economic times. How does one do that? ......it seems overwhelming to me in this state. I couldn't face the Lord early this morning. So after Rick left for work I cried out my heart to Him in desperation.....and then found these verses left by my dear husband where I would find them.
"In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world." (John 16:33 NCV)
"My God will use His wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need." (Philippians 4:19 NCV)
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23 NIV)
"Open up to the Lord, keep nothing back; He'll do whatever needs to be done." (Psalm 37:5 MSG)
"Depend on the Lord; trust Him and He will take care of you." (Psalm 37:5 NCV)
Women of Faith encouraged me to "Remember the wonders He has done." (I Chronicles 16:12) So I spent a long time going over the wonders God has performed in my life and the lives of my family members.
God Calling said," I am here. Here as truly as I was with My disciples of old. Here to bless and help you. Here to company with you. Study My words....carry them out unflinchingly.....be gradually transformed into My likeness."
Streams in the Desert continued to speak loud and clear. "They looked and there was the glory of the Lord appearing in the cloud." (Exodus 16:10)
"You should get into the habit of looking for the silver lining of storm clouds. And once you have found it, continue to focus on it rather than the dark gray of the center. Do not yield to discouragement no matter how severely stressed or surrounded by problems you may be. A discouraged soul is in a helpless state, being neither able to "stand against the devil's schemes" (Ephesians 6:11) himself nor able to prevail in prayer for others. Flee every symptom of the deadly foe of discouragement as you would run from a snake. Never be slow to turn your back on it, unless you desire to eat the dust of bitter defeat.
Search for specific promises of God, saying aloud of each one, "This promise is mine." Then if you still experience feelings of doubt and discouragement, pour your heart out to God, asking Him to rebuke the Adversary who is mercilessly harassing you.
The very instant you wholeheartedly turn away from every symptom of discouragement and lack of trust, the blessed Holy Spirit will reawaken your faith and breathe God's divine strength into your soul. Initially you may be unaware that this is happening, but as you determine to uncompromisingly shun every attack of even the tendency toward doubt and depression, you will quickly see the powers of darkness being turned back.....All the miraculous attributes of the Godhead are marshaled on the side of even the weakest believer who, in the name of Christ and in simple, childlike trust, yields himself to God and turns to Him for help and guidance."
I had just finished reading all this when the phone rang. It was daughter, Melody, calling to listen, comfort and encourage. Her words were like the icing on the cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment