Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Prayer

Lord, on You I call for help
against my blind and senseless torment,
since You alone can renew
inwardly and outwardly my mind,
my will, and my strength, which are weak.

Michelangelo

I found this prayer in a book Rick gave me for my birthday in 2007. On the inside of the book these words are inscribed:

To my dearest wife,

We stand together in the storm, holding onto each other so neither will be blown over. We work well together . I love being with you.

All my love, Rick

Obviously I was going through another storm at this time because the book's title is God Is In The Tough Stuff. Rick continues to give me tender, loving care without complaining and I am very grateful that he remains by my side in these dark times. Today he persuaded me to get in the shower by threatening to take me for a walk in my pajamas. We had a beautiful walk by Lake Ontario and saw two foxes with their offspring in the park.










3 comments:

Belinda said...

Dear Brenda,
I'm popping in to say hello. I pray that soon you feel better. I can't imagine the pain that you're feeling and it's hard to know what to say that doesn't sound trite. So I send a big hug and love!

marja said...

You're so fortunate to have a husband who loves God as you do, Brenda. Mine doesn't and I miss not being able to talk with him on a spiritual level. I love him though and he has been good to me. Maybe one day...

How are you doing today?

- marja

Susan said...

I'm glad you have Rick...

and he has you.