We woke up to a massive flood in the crawlspace and basement. The sump pump is not working due to an electrical failure.....we think. I am strangely peaceful. I cannot believe my reaction. I did not wail or cry out or swear like I have in the times past when it has happened. And this is by far the worst one we have ever had. Rick and Joanna have gone to church. I am waiting here for help to arrive. A test....a big test. I want to pass this one and give the glory to God.
"I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid." (John 14:27)
I am encouraged. I have peace of mind and heart and my dear Friend is right beside me holding my hand.
And upon further reflection.....there is a bright side to it all. The basement and crawlspace are finally going to get cleaned out. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment