Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Time

It's time to tell the story of how the title of this blog His Eye came to be. I love telling this story!

Last summer when I was in the throes of a deep depression my sister's friend, and now my friend, too.....dearest Belinda.....who has a wonderful blog of her own called Whatever He Says at www.whateverhesays.blogspot.com posted something which touched me very deeply on July 17th. I sat in my bed with my computer on my lap, tears streaming down my face as listened to this song:



That day had been very black and I had not been able to connect with God but from that moment on I knew in my heart what I already knew in my head......that God had His eye on me and He was watching over over me.....entering into my sorrow and bringing comfort to my troubled soul. And now as I listen to it again that same comfort is flooding my soul in new waves. It's more cause for rejoicing.

Belinda also shared the Scripture from Luke 12:6-7 (NLT version) that goes along with the song. "What is the price of five sparrows - two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."

3 comments:

Belinda said...

You did it! Posted a video. And what a video, Brenda. Praise God for that beautiful song. And I am proud and grateful to be called your friend.

Brenda said...

Thanks, Belinda! I'm SO blessed to have such a wise, wonderful, talented friend who is so busy but never too busy to connect with me and with many other people who need encouraging. You truly are a blessing to so many people.....and so is your blog.

Jeannie said...

I've always loved that song, Brenda. When I was part of a musical group back in PEI my friend Neila always sang that song and I still associate it with her husky alto voice. It's a great title for your blog and a great reminder that nothing can ever pluck us out of His hand -- to change the metaphor. :-)