I know people are going to be concerned for me when they find out I stopped taking the medication but I had to. It was making me sicker. I stopped it on Thursday night and had a little more energy yesterday....even getting outside to pick up pine cones off the lawn and rake up a few leaves. It felt wonderful to accomplish something.....and my head was much clearer to make decisions and work on some computer tasks.
This morning I received what I believe is direction from God to step out in faith and ask for healing. I have not done this for a very long time because the answer has always been 'no'. This morning it seemed He was being very clear through several different sources.
The first one was from Charles Stanley: "If we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." (I John 5:15) Whatever we ask of God....we must offer with faith. We must truly believe that when we ask of God, He answers. We must totally believe that He is totally capable of handling all things according to the fullness of His plan and purpose for our life.
The second was from God Calling: Faith and obedience will remove mountains, but they must go hand in hand.
The third was from Streams in the Desert: God honors faith - stubborn faith - that sees His promise and looks to that alone. We must not overlook the fact that faith on our part helps God to carry out His plans.....Faith assists God. Faith honors God and God honors faith.......all things are "possible with God" (Luke 18:27) and "everything is possible for Him who believes". (Mark 9:23)
The fourth was from Scripture: "In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and rescued me. The Lord is for me, so I will not be afraid.....Yes the Lord is for me; He will help me. It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in people. It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in princes.......You did your best to kill me, O my enemy, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my victory." Psalm 118
Four different sources. That's pretty strong leading. So I prayed in faith that God would heal my mind. It takes a lot of faith to say this into cyberspace but I felt I needed to confess it. So there....I have.....it's out there.
So far I have had a much better day. I exercised, did a few things around the house that needed doing and didn't get depressed or discouraged by the many piles of things that still need tackling. To me it's very clear evidence of healing. It would have been impossible to do this yesterday. I did everything mechanically yesterday because it had to be done. I forced myself. Today there was a new feeling of "Yes, I can do this! "
I am also finally wise enough to know that I have to make some lifestyle changes. I have to slow down and live within the limitations of my physical body. So I am taking steps to do that as well......little steps of obedience to go along with the big step of faith!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Brenda, I pray too, that God will heal you. I'm glad that you had energy today and felt more like yourself.
With you in the journey.
Post a Comment