Sometimes I wish I wasn't so transparent. I'm not good at hiding the truth. The truth is yesterday was a mountaintop experience and today I am in the pit.....after a sleepless night. The enemy roared around all night in my room looking for a victim and he did a good job of messing with my head. I started out praying when sleep wouldn't come but by the wee morning hours I was in despair and wanting to die. I didn't have the energy to get to church so I have been a couch potato surfing the net for help. I may be sidelined but I'm not giving up.
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for Me in earnest you will find Me when you seek Me. I will be found by you," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 29:11-14)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for posting this, Mom, so that I knew you were home and could call you. Being truthful means people can reach out when you're in need! I love you and hold you in prayer.
I use that scripture all the time, it's beautiful.
You've got a sister that's with you all the way - pulling for you with all that she has and is believing for you when you just can't... Hang on - even if it's just by a thread. God won't ever let that thread go, no matter how thin and frayed it gets... Neither will I. I am praying for you OFTEN, night and day. You're not alone.
I love you.
P.S. Please keep writing. This is really going to help someone else -- maybe me -- through the valley of the shadow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwWYfwuTeaw (Hillsong - Mighty To Save)
I was singing this on Sunday with you on my mind... It's the song Jesus is singing over you right now. Every time I hear it I think of Dad and how hopeless it seemed even just a few months ago, and how mighty our God is that he saved him... He's mighty to save - you don't have to do it, because he did it. Just do what you can today. Do what you can to hang on - even if it's just to breathe -Breathe, and know that he loves you - he loves you when you can't. He loves you. I remember Mom saying that Pastor Friedrichsen taught her that Psalm 23 doesnt't say "he leads us INTO the valley..." but it says, "he leads us THROUGH the valley". This is not the final destination. It's only a let on the journey. And it's a journey of hope...
You are the best sister in the whole wide world - yes, even when you're down. There's a song of victory coming out of this. You can't hear it just yet, but I can. It's like the first bird of the morning singing alone in the dark just before the dawn - I hear the first strains.. and they are beautiful. It's a song of hope, and a song of victory. Keep listening - listen hard and keep your ear tuned. You'll hear it soon, too. I know you will! You'll be singing it yourself before you know it, but until then know that Jesus is singing it over you - and the rest of us who love you are joining in whenever and however we can. You're NOT alone.
Post a Comment