It has been a rugged couple of days. I went back on the medication on Sunday night so I could at least get some sleep. Sleep I received...deep sleep with no waking ....but during the day I am a total zombie with no motivation. It is hard even to get dressed, let alone exercise. I force myself to do only those things that are required...like getting food on the table and making sure Rick has clothes for work and a lunch.
I am learning something new....thought I had learned all there was to learn but I guess there is always more. Yesterday as I lay on my bed for a rest after lunch these words from a Scripture song popped into my mind from Habbakuk: " Though the fig tree does not blossom and there be no fruit on the vine, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food; though the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stall.....yet will I rejoice in the Lord...yet will I rejoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation. God the Lord is my strength."
How is this possible?....to have joy in the midst of depression or loss or terrible circumstances. We can't possibly feel joy about the circumstances but we do have the choice to rejoice......in spite of them. I began to rejoice in the fact that God is on His throne and sovereign. While it seems for now that Satan is having a heyday and out to steal, kill and destroy, we know who wins in the end. God does. Our part is to be patient and not to despair and not let the enemy of our souls triumph over us. We can't wimp out. I can't give up. I have to get the praise music out and fill my ears with the truth of the Word of God and not give in to the feelings of despair. I have to continue to get up in the morning and feed my spirit with good things of God.....things that will build me up and nourish me and encourage me to go on.
Everywhere I turn there is encouragement......from the things I read in my devotionals.....from friends who e-mail, others who bring food, others who post good words on their blogs....family members who patiently listen. I am truly blessed and have much cause for joy. Now for the patience needed to wait for the healing..........I suppose it's a little like waiting for the brown dead of winter to pass and the green of spring to come. It seems to take forever. But yesterday....after some rain and a bit of sunshine.....I saw a little hint of green in the grass.......... and the robins are out in full force. There is hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment