I borrowed the title of this post from my son, Ben, who blogs faithfully on Wednesday mornings. Hope you don't mind, Ben, just this once. :)
My mind is foggy and it is very difficult to write in this state but I know I will have no opportunity in the rest of the day so I am coming in weakness but knowing God's strength.
I was encouraged on Monday (as I read in the car on the way to Ottawa for a medical appointment and a visit with our clan there) from Isaiah 55:9 which says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways." Charles Stanley goes on to say..."Our definition of what is good changes as we come to Christ and grow into His likeness. God always sees what is absolutely good for us.....He gives us only the things that are truly beneficial for our growth as His children and that are beneficial for the growth of His Kingdom." I would like to take the liberty of changing one of his words to say He(God) allows only those things that are truly beneficial for our growth. God's original plan for me did not include for me to suffer from mental illness. (When He created the world it was perfect till sin entered in)........ but He is using it to mature me and refine me and make me more useful to Him.
I went on to read from Streams in the Desert........ "Great physical force is stored in the depths of the earth, in places such as coal mines. Coal was produced by the tremendous heat that burned the ancient forests. In the same way, spiritual force is stored in the depths of our being and is brought about by the very pain we cannot understand. Someday we will see that the plunder taken in battle from our trials was simply preparing us to become like Great-heart in Pilgrim's Progress, so we too could lead our fellow pilgrims triumphantly through trials to the city of the King. But may we never forget that the source of learning to help others must be the experience of victorious suffering. Whining and complaining about our pain never does any one any good. Paul never carried the gloom of a cemetery around with him, but a chorus of victorious praise."
So that is what I am endeavoring to do this time around.....get through this down time in a victorious , gracious way.
Then I went on to read from Psalm 23....."You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies." I'm telling you the feasts I continue to get in the morning as I read and pray have me stuffed full like I have just had a literal turkey dinner. God continues to feed and nourish my spirit in the presence of my enemies....Bipolar 2 and the medication I take which makes me feel like a zombie. Not only does He feed and nourish my spirit but He gives me things that will nourish and encourage others!
So I am feeling full of wonder and my cup is overflowing with blessings. Yesterday friend Franceen showed up unannounced with Moroccan vegetarian stew and a fresh loaf of bread from the bakery. ......such a blessing because my tummy is still nauseous and I'm finding it hard to decide on what to make for meals, get the stuff I need from the store and then do the preparation. God is good, folks. I am falling more deeply in love with Him each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Brenda, I like your change to "allows". Today I got this mass-email from a friend about how the ingredients in a cake might look kind of yucky separately, but they are all necessary to make a delicious cake. I know she meant well but I can't quite accept this analogy. I can't believe that your illness, or Jonathan's disability, or terrible tragedies are necessary ingredients in God's cake or that we should see as good what is clearly not. I do believe all things work together for good, but I think there are some things that (even while we accept them as the reality of our lives and even see how God can use them) we say they are "not how it's meant to be."
Love & blessings
Jeannie
Brenda, what a "song in the night." Praise God that you sing beautifully for your King.
If there's a "high road" through the valley, you're taking it. You know what? All the depression that has been in our family and God is showing us the victory through you. Can you see that? Makes me want to cry. The cloud of witnesses is cheering you on, dear sister. Keep on leaning hard into Him... I love you.
Thanks for all the comments, ladies. I feel like I am being surrounded in love and encouragement.
Post a Comment