Today I feel like I am in quicksand. There's no better way to describe it. But you know what? God's in here with me and that's the only thing that makes it bearable. Well.....it does help that my sunshine, Joanna, is sitting across the table from me working on her design project. :) I was actually able to help her with some of it yesterday.....suggesting some changes here and there to make it more functional. That made me feel useful.
What I would really like to do is crawl into a hole and hibernate for a few months and come out all better. I told God this morning that I would really like it if He would take me home but was quick to add....."nevertheless, not my will but Yours be done." Don't worry, I'm not planning on suicide or anything. I would just like to be able to fast forward through the pain.
So instead I'm taking Francis of Assisi's words to heart: "Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." Today I need to clean out....uh....shovel out the fridge so that's all I'm doing besides getting dressed and putting food on the table.
I'm finding a lot of solace in the Psalms. I love how David sometimes starts out in the pits and by the end of the psalm ends up praising and hoping instead of despairing.
Back in homeschooling days we used to read the Psalms by starting out with the number for the day and then adding 30 to that and so on till we had covered about five Psalms. So I have been doing that again. Today was Psalm 26, 56, 86, 116 and 146. Then because there are about enough chapters of the Proverbs for each day of the month I read one of those chapters as well.
Today I hang onto this verse from Psalm 146. "Happy are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment