Friday, March 20, 2009

Sorrowful, Yet Rejoicing

I took the first pill last night with dinner in a restaurant at 6:30 p.m. On the way home we stopped to get a few groceries. At 7:30 p.m. Rick sent me out to the car while he finished up in the check out line because my legs were wobbly, I was feeling dizzy and I could hardly keep my eyes open. I hardly remember getting into bed and didn't rouse until much past my usual time this morning. I usually leap out of bed but it took a colossal effort to get going this morning.

My sacred time began a little later than usual because of the effects of the medication but these are the words from Colossians 2 that I read first on a daily calendar. "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him,......abounding in it with thanksgiving." This is exactly how I have been describing my situation to others . Though I am sliding, I am more mature about it this time because I am deeply rooted and grounded in Christ. I continue to have a rich prayer life and know God's continued blessing in my life. I am still reeling from the 'warm body' yesterday!

I continued to read from Psalm 139....."You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. (Resting is what I am so in need of after the flurry of activity in the last few months!) You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. (Yesterday.....'I just need a warm body'.) You both precede and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!" (I say, 'Amen!', David.)

And then I picked up my most beloved book, Streams in the Desert, given to me by my dear mother many years ago, and read this: "Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing." 2 Corinthians 6:10. "It is said that springs of sweet, fresh water pool up amid the saltiness of the oceans, that the fairest Alpine flowers bloom in the wildest and most rugged mountain passes, and that the most magnificent psalms arose from the most profound agonies of the soul. May it continue to be! Therefore, amid a multitude of trials, souls who love God will discover reasons for boundless, leaping joy."

May it be so in my life..........I have to say that though the battery is dead the clock is still chiming. How bizarre is that. But it is true. I am going deeper....looking for buried treasure.....and I am confident that I will find it.

The day was quiet. My dear husband helped me get two weeks of laundry done and in between I rested and read and wrote e-mails. Now I head for the kitchen cupboard to retrieve another of those wacky pills and head off to dreamland......sorrowful, yet rejoicing.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, such a song of victory!

I'm glad you're keeping watch for the Lilies of the Valley that will appear... I've always thought myself as one of those... Much love to you, dear sister.

Brenda said...

Yes, you are! One of the brightest lights for me right now.

Belinda said...

Dear Sister Brenda,
You are so not defeated. This time will be different, I know it.

With you in the journey, caring and praying.