I'm sitting in the backseat of the car writing this entry....on my way to Windsor with husband Rick and son Ben....on my way to find a long term care facility for my dad and later do some babysitting for my daughter Melody while she and her husband Ben attend an out-of-town wedding. Rick and Ben are dropping me off on their way to a worship symposium in Grand Rapids. The weather is typical for January.....blinding snow and very bad roads but I feel very safe and snug in my Father's arms in the backseat. This new life of mine....the abundant life I have always dreamed of is so wonderful. It is so freeing not to have any fear or anxiety.” I rest my soul in Christ alone. ..know His power in quietness and trust...”as the song plays on my i-pod. I have never known such lasting peace and all-encompassing joy. Is it not heaven? I think so.
I was with my dear friend, Bev yesterday and she described my experience like a caterpillar emerging from a cocoon and unfolding its new found wings, having been transformed into a beautiful butterfly. I have been thinking about that analogy since she mentioned it. It is a very fitting analogy. I have to say that life as a butterfly is much more exciting than as a caterpillar in a cocoon. I hope I will never have to go back to that state......but also mature enough now to know that I may. This depression has dogged me most of my adult life. Each time I get better I think that this will be the last time. But more episodes follow. This time I have no fear or dread of them. Their power over me has been broken. I have a Friend who will accompany me on the journey and once more I will emerge victorious.

No comments:
Post a Comment