Friday, January 23, 2009

Testing.....one.....two.....three

"The test of your life today is part of God's plan. You may not like it. You may want to throw in the towel. But God is using it to grow you up. Don't suppose for one minute He doesn't know what He is doing." These words come from a daily devotional book called Women of Faith.

My big test is over. Depression is a thing of the past, but there is a new test appearing. Here is the essence. I see so many needy people and I want to touch all of them with the love of Jesus......but it is humanly impossible and I am starting to feel like there is not enough of me to go around. Who do I think I am? I am full of pride.....thinking these people need to connect with me so they can connect with God or change their view of God. Lord, I repent of this. Jesus didn't touch everyone....only those the Father showed Him. I need to tune in more to what the Spirit is saying instead of just running ahead in my exuberance and doing what I think needs doing.

No comments: