A week ago today was the car accident and I had to drive into town again with the exact same weather conditions. I was nervous and observant of everything around me. The cockiness and confidence of last week were traded in for a cautious awareness of my surroundings on the road. I drove in silence....grateful to be alive and on the road again.....humbled by God's miraculous intervention. As I drove I thought about how Jesus came to rescue the lost.....the hurting.....the bruised.....the wandering. And I realized I was one of those. He rescued me last week to make real to me His eternal love for me.....which doesn't depend on my performance or my mood. I deserved to die but He rescued me.
Today was a better day because of the encouragement and teaching I received at Barnabas House......because of two friends who came to visit and the laughter we enjoyed together. One of the things I must not do is allow myself to withdraw. I have to make a conscious effort to engage with people every day.......and exercise......and connect with God.
Yesterday I went for a fifty minute walk after the rain stopped and tonight the weights are coming out.......I hope I can find them. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment