The last month seems like a blur. I hardly know where to start. Right now we own two homes and live between the two of them till the older one sells. I pray it will be soon because I'm getting tired of keeping up the facade that we live in a perfectly kept house with a well groomed lawn. We've slept in the new house twice......not great sleeps because our bed is a double size air mattress. Tonight we purchased a queen size luxury air bed which will hopefully be a little more comfortable and also be handy when we have family staying over in the new house.
Someone asked me today what I like about our new home. I love the thoughts of having oodles of time to socialize and be useful to others because I can clean the whole place in an hour. I'm looking forward to cutting the grass with a push mower and trimming it with clippers.....and planning and executing the landscaping. I've never been much of a gardener but I understand it's very therapeutic so this winter I plan to read and study all about plants and shrubs and flowers and design a lovely garden. I hope my next door neighbor will help because hers looks so lovely. Next summer I envision an old fashioned tea party in my garden.....when I turn sixty in June. I love the fact that I can walk everywhere.....library, post office, grocery store, ice cream store, ladies fashion stores, lawyer, dentist :) , church, bakery, restaurants, the lake. Yesterday I found a fabric store that offers all kinds of classes in sewing. I'm definitely going to re hone my dressmaking skills this fall.....and hopefully meet some new friends that share my interest. I'm looking forward to planning out a new bike route. I've been warned not to bike down Foley Mountain. I wonder why? I love the thoughts of not having to make any more lunchbox lunches for my husband.....that he can walk home for lunch and have a snooze if he needs to. I'm excited about meeting new people and making new friends while still being close enough to my old friends that I can visit once a week when I come into town. I'm thrilled at the prospect of doing more entertaining and hope people will feel free to drop in on us. I love the hour drive into town. I've seen so much wildlife and I love watching the clouds. It gives me an hour of uninterrupted time to reflect and pray and worship.
Thanks to the new medication I am finally feeling comfortable in my own skin. I saw my new psychiatrist for the last time this afternoon. He's moving to Ottawa to another hospital but he gave me permission to visit him there if I need to. Everything looks pretty rosy right now. I am so very thankful to be feeling so well, so content, so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
"I've been warned not to bike down Foley's Mountain..."
I'll bet that's because "what goes down must eventually come back up"!
GREAT to hear from you, dear sister, and so good to share in your joy.
Soon!
Wow, it sounds like heaven. Whoops envy is a sin, isn't it? But I might be guilty! :)
You deserve all of this dear Brenda and I am so happy for you.
Hi Brenda, it's nice to hear things are going well. Your new home sounds lovely.
Thanks, friends. Feel free to stop by anytime....just call first to make sure I am here.
That sounds SO wonderful. As you know I've been sitting on my patio in the early morning. But, though it's private, I still hear the city noises. You are very fortunate.
I'm so glad you're well and happy.
Post a Comment