Me......that's what's up. Since I last posted I have gradually gotten better and better until I feel like I am back in my own skin again. It took ten weeks this time instead of six months. For that I am VERY grateful because at this point in time I really NEED to be better.........because my husband has taken a new job an hour north of here and we will be moving as soon as our house sells. There is so much to do because we have lived in this old house (which was built in 1970) for the last 22 years. Repairs are still ongoing from the flood we had in the basement in early April and there are workmen outside doing repairs so we can pass a building inspection after the for sale sign goes up.
This past week I was very grateful that I was feeling well enough to go and help my daughter while her 18 month old son had surgery to repair his cleft palate. He and his three year old sister were the icing on the cake for me.....so therapeutic.
This morning I looked at one of my inspirational calendars and my eyes landed on these words....... Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow........and I immediately thanked God that I have friends......friends that are near and dear who brought food and flowers and sent notes of encouragement and phoned to see how I was doing............ and friends far away in cyberspace that are just as dear because they reached out to comfort and encourage with their words even though some of them didn't know me. I also have the most understanding and compassionate family in the whole world. They all felt my pain and responded in love......the love of God. It reminds me of that verse from Ecclesiastes........."Two are better than one........if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Praise God, Praise God, and praise to you Brenda who held His hand and weathered this storm.
We are all so thrilled that you made it through, Mom. You and Dad are so strong.
Hi Brenda, I have been thinking of you a lot lately and am so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better. Of course I'm (selfishly) not glad to hear that you are moving. But "friends are friends forever" -- to quote an extremely sappy Michael W. Smith song. {Hmmm, MWS is old and experienced now -- I wonder if he still believes that, ha ha.} In any case, I rejoice and thank God that you're feeling well.
I rejoice too....that I didn't act on those suicidal thoughts. My doctor kept saying,'You will get better even without medication' so I trusted him and hung onto his words for dear life. I am so thankful to all of my friends and family for cheering me on through those tough times. I am grateful for your love and encouragement.
Post a Comment