The early bird has suddenly become the night owl.....totally wired and unable to sleep. There are no words to adequately describe what has transpired in the last 24 hours. I cried all the way home from Cambridge.....tears of joy and thankfulness to my God who continues to love and lavish me with new gifts each day. Last night the gift was conversation between my brother and sister and I......three hours of talking, laughing and reminiscing. This has not happened since our childhood and it is something I have longed for. This morning there was a huge gift that was totally unanticipated. I still cannot believe it really happened. After breakfast at The Stone Crock in St. Jacobs my sister and I headed to Waterloo for a look at 103 Alexandra Avenue, our grandparents' old house. I had not been there since it was sold in 1978. As I was getting the camera out of the car to take a picture of it, Susan started a conversation with a gentleman on the porch and before we knew what had happened we were standing in the foyer, welcomed with open arms and invited to have a tour of the place. After the tour we stood in the bar room (our grandparents' old bedroom) and were offered beer and food which we graciously accepted......even though we were still stuffed from breakfast. I learned something about hospitality today and I will never forget it. We left with an invitation to return sometime in the summer and return we will......to drink beer and share good German food with new found friends.
When I arrived home tonight there was a third gift waiting....news that our nephew, Owen Edward Kouvelas had been born............on the one month anniversary of Dad's death. There are no words.......
Yes there are....."My gifts are better than the purest gold." Proverbs 8:19

1 comment:
Dear Brenda,
How wonderful to read this story through the eyes of both of my sisters. I loved it. I loved the photos too.
Congratulations on the birth of Owen Edward! How mysterious is the way God weaves life and death and special dates of significance in such an awesome way.
Post a Comment