Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life Lines

Today was the worst. Don't I say that every day? I felt like I was literally drowning and cried buckets of tears during dinner. But several lifelines have been thrown my way throughout the day in the form of food, e-mails, a phone call and a song. I have to share the song which was sent by my friend, Jeannie. It seems written just for me and has really given me courage and elevated my mood tonight.



Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
And I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest;
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go -
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.

No comments: