Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Life Well Lived

I got to know my dad a whole lot better today....seeing him through the eyes of other lives he has touched. My respect and admiration for him has grown so much in only one day. All of his caregivers came to say goodbye to him today...each one deeply sorrowful at the passing of their client who had become a dear friend to them....each one saying that they don't usually come to funeral homes to pay respect to their clients. Others appeared out of the woodwork of our past sharing wonderful thoughts and memories of Dad....people I never dreamed of seeing. As I listened to their stories I stood up taller and my buttons began to pop. I am SO proud of my dad and how he lived his life. I'm sure our Father in heaven is proud of him, too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so happy to hear that your dad was called HOME, before he had to got to a home.What a blessing for him and the family.
My thoughts and prayers have been with your family. Janet

Brenda said...

Thanks so much, Janet. We have felt your prayers and the prayers of many others.

Susan said...

Hi Bren,

I just thought of another meaning for "His eye".

His eye is on the sparrow, yes, but YOU are the apple of his eye...

I kind of like thinking about you being the apple of his eye and his eye is always on you...

Brenda said...

Wow, I like that very much, too! Thanks. I guess I need to tell that story here, don't I?